Holiday let "Casa ai Monti"
Description of the holiday rental
Welcome to the holiday let "Casa ai Monti" in sunny Ticino
Location: The apartment is located in Locarno-Monti, 400m above sea level (200m above the level of Lake Maggiore) on a tranquil setting on a South exposed hill with mountain and lake views, above the old town of Locarno. Access is provided by a footpath (50m from the street) leading to the Cardada mountain destination. There is no direct car access to the house. However, there are about 50 public parking spaces within a 50-100m radius from the house (during lunch time, at night, and during holidays/sundays free-of-charge. Otherwise CHF0.40/h).
The House: It is three stories detached Ticino-house built in the Lombardy style with thick stone walls and some land around it. It was built prior to 1850 and remodeled entirely in 2012. During earlier times it used to be a restaurant. Today there are two apartments in the house, one used by the owners, one is the holiday let.
The Holiday Apartment: It is a modern 50 square meter two and a half rooms apartment on the second floor with a separate entrance. The following is available: sizeable entry hall, small bathroom, bedroom with king-size bed, living room with open-plan kitchen, rather small balcony with great lake and mountain views. The holiday let does neither have its own garden nor its own parking space.
Facilities & Equipment:
- Kitchen with all appliances needed (dishwasher, fume hood, 4-plates ceramics burner, oven, fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee makers, dishes, utensils, hand towels)
- Bathroom with shower and towels
- King-size bed (180x200cm) with separate mattresses, bed linens
- Foldable couch in living room. Once opened it creates a queen-size bed (160x200cm), bed linens
- Communication: Swisscom TV, WiFi-Internet unlimited
- Other: Cabinets, iron, ironing board, laundry rack, vacuum cleaner. A laundry machine is available in a separate building
Surroundings: In front of the house there is a garden and a smaller house at the street leading to the Monte Bré area (very low traffic) and two churches. Distances from the house to:
- Minimarket (small shop with postal service): 100m
- Access to footpath to Locarno downtown: 100m (15-20min walk down and 30-40min walk up)
- Bakery (in the nearby village of Orselina): 700m (virtually always open)
- Aerial cable car to Cardada: 500m
- Rail cable car to Locarno: 500m
- Madonna del Sasso sanctuary and church: 400m
- Bus stop: 100m (Bus nr. 3 to Locarno train station and downtown)
- By train and bus: Take bus no. 3 at Locarno train station. Exit at the “Monti della Trinità” bus stop. Upon exiting the bus, on the road towards Monte Bré, walk 50m until you reach the church Trinità. With its big steeple at your back, you see a white house in front of you. On the side of this white house there is a footpath (street sign “Sentiero del Roncaccio” at the wall, 10m from the street). In front of you (looking up on the left) you see a yellow house. This is your destination: Casa ai Monti (house number 3). The entrance on the second floor through a bridge-gangway is 50m from the street.
- By car and GPS navigator: enter the city “Locarno-Monti” (or Locarno) and the street "Via del Tiglio 1" into the instrument (this is the address of the church Trinità). Park your vehicle near the church. Proceed as described above.
- By car without GPS navigator coming from North: Take highway exit “Bellinzona Sud”. Direction Locarno > main road Bellinzona-Locarno > exit “Orselina / Minusio / Muralto” (that is just before the tunnel to the city of Locarno) > after 2.4Km, drive upward near the church (direction of “Orselina / Brione”) > after 200m towards “Orselina” > after 150m again direction “Orselina” > after 1.3Km direction “Madonna del Sasso”. The big church Madonna del Sasso is below the street level after 500m at your left. Proceed beyond this church > after 400m keep right (direction “Monte Bré”) > after 50m you see the church Trinità. Park your vehicle near the church. Proceed as described above.
- By car without GPS navigator coming from Locarno: Exit the big roundabout at the castle of Locarno at the sing “Locarno-Monti” > after 400m, follow the sign Locarno-Monti” > after another 100m follow the sign “Locarno-Monti / Monte Bré” > after 2.6Km of a winding upwards road, follow the sign “Monte Bré” (that is, make a sharp turn left) > 50m to the church Trinità. Park your vehicle near the church. Proceed as described above.
- No Pets
- Smoking outside only (on the small balcony)
- Cable TV / Sat. TV
- Washing machine
Выберите желаемый период
Бронирование на сайте провайдера услуг.
Ваш запрос будет отправлен.