Apartment Les Arolles 704 in La Tzoumaz, 4-Vallees - 4 persons, 1 bedroom
Description of the holiday rental
This traditional one-bedroom ground-floor apartment in a quiet location is an easy walk to the town centre. Situated on the ground floor the 58m2 apartment has a small garden area on one side and a balcony on the other with stunning views across the valley and to the mountains up to 20km away. The full-width windows of the open kitchen / living / dining area were specially designed to make the most of this ever-changing vista.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
The apartment sleeps up to 4 people with a double bedroom and a double sofa-bed in the living room. The bathroom has a sink, shower and hairdryer, and the WC is in a separate room. La Tzoumaz Apartment Arolles 704 is equipped with a high chair and a folding travel cot (bedding not provided) suitable for children under 2 years old, and a second is available on demand on arrival. Please note that in accordance with the manufacturer's safety instructions, additional mattresses are not provided with the cots.
In the kitchen you will find all the basics: a fridge, oven, 4-ring hob, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, filter coffee-machine, plus fondue and raclette sets for a traditional Swiss evening in front of the mountain views. The central heating radiators in each room can be individually adjusted to your needs. There is a shared (coin-operated) washing machine and dryer available in the building. There is a table and chairs for use on the balcony outside.
Relax in the comfortable sofas after a hard day on the slopes, listen to some music or distract yourself with cable-TV, or simply sit on the balcony and admire the beautiful panoramic views that face the apartment. On a blue-sky day, the view stretches 20km, up to the peaks of the Haut de Cry and the Mont Gond. The balcony can be a perfect spot for a cup of morning coffee as the sun rises over the mountainscape in front of you during the spring and summer months. A footpath passes just in front of the apartments if you want to explore the mountainside. Otherwise it is ony a short walk into the resort to experience its sprinkling of bars and restaurants, playground (or outdoor ice rink, depending on the season!) swimming pool & tennis court.
Internet is not installed in this property. Upon request, we will supply a portable high-speed WIFI unit for your own private use, for an additional fee of 69 CHF for one week, or 119 CHF for two weeks.
We would be delighted to welcome your pets to Apartment Arolles 704. Please note that in order to cover supplementary cleaning costs, pets are charged at a rate of 50chf payable on arrival. If you are travelling with more than one large or two small dogs, please contact us to ensure we will be able to accommodate them.
Access and Parking
There is a single parking space reserved for the apartment in the shared car park area. Winter tyres and/or snow chains sometimes necessary in winter due to frequent snowfalls. From here there is a 70m footpath with a lot of steps that leads down to the apartment. It is a 5-minute walk from the bus stop, supermarket and children's playground. Car not necessary due to proximity to ski-lifts, restaurants and supermarket - contact us for airport or railway transfers.
The apartment is only a 200m walk through the Resort Centre from the Savoleyres telecabin. The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle or e-bike. For a small supplement you can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for the highest fondue in Europe and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The Bisses are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved and can now be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We will provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Try not to miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The centre of La Tzoumaz benefits from an outdoor ice-skating rink in winter, and a children's playground area in summer, with a rope-based agility park alongside more traditional equipment such as slides. A fun channel system with running water is built into the hillside to provide plenty of entertainment for older children too.
At the exit of the village the Domus playground is a fabulous spot, often bathed in late afternoon sunshine, with swings, a zipline, see-saw, climbing frames and even old tractors to clamber on. It is overlooked by an outdoor cafe (check opening hours) providing drinks, snacks and ice-creams. There are rabbits, donkeys, goats, and there is also rock-climbing on the local crag in the background (contact us for equipment and instructors).
The Maison de la Foret has a cafe area for drinks and snacks (check opening hours), wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail with hands-on activities to borrow such as bird-whistling and learning to draw. The Nature Trail has disabled parking and is accessible to wheelchairs and children's buggies.
Right at the top of the village is the "Defis de la Riviere", which is equipped as an outdoor physical challenge area for older kids on the river. There are sensory walking areas for younger children and a basket swing, and also a picnic spot nearby.
A short drive down the valley takes you to the large lake at the Parc des Iles, with its playgrounds, high-ropes park, minigolf, restaurant, miniature train and more.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen and towels, and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific).
This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the "Special Requests" box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August)
- the opportunity to buy 15% discounted ski lessons and rental (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December to April).
Not included in the price:
- On arrival we will ask for a credit card pre-authorisation for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 500 CHF). The deposit will be cancelled when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Dog cleaning fees are not included (50CHF per stay)
- There is no fireplace at the property
- Internet is not installed in this property. Upon request, we will supply a portable high-speed WIFI unit for your own private use, for an additional fee of 69 CHF for one week, or 119 CHF for two weeks.
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price so if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request.
- Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival. If you require an extra set of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly "first-paid = first-reserved" basis for bookings which means we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival.
Cancellation policy (updated November 2020):
1. During the 60 days before arrival, in case new government rules are mandated which block the vacation, for example a requirement to quarantine either during the vacation or on return home, or a restriction in the number of people who can meet together in La Tzoumaz, or a forced closure of the whole ski-lift area related to COVID-19, then we would offer a full refund providing that the vacation is cancelled within 14 days of the new rules being announced.
2. In case the client wishes to maintain the reservation even when the new rules would block the reservation from happening, then a cancellation fee of 50% will apply if these reservations are subsequently cancelled outside of the aforementioned 14-day cancellation period.
3. Please note that our refund policy does not cover the fees paid to any booking website as these fees are beyond our control so we we can only refund 100% of the price paid if you book directly with 4vallees4saisons.
La Tzoumaz Apartment Arolles 704
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons
- Parking space
- Washing machine
Please select the desired period
The booking is made via the website of the provider.
Your request will be forwarded.