Birkenhof (6 beds)
Description of the holiday rental
The Birkenhof is quietly located between Rothorn and Schrattenfluh, 2 km from the summer and winter sports resort of Sörenberg. We are surrounded by the most beautiful moor biotopes and belong to Switzerland's first Unesco Biosphere Reserve. The apartment is on the first floor of the farmhouse. It is suitable for families with max. 6 persons. The apartment is renovated, new bathroom with shower and toilet, new large kitchen with dishwasher, steamer, oven and capsule coffee machine. A room with double bed and as needed travel cot. A room with bunk beds and two single beds. Balcony with a very nice view. Strawberry and blueberry cultivation, specialty processing, suckler cows and fattening pigs are our branches of activity In winter there are many animals in the stable, cows, calves, donkeys, sheep, goats and chickens. In summer, all animals are on the surrounding pastures. Our products and regional specialties can be found in the Hoflädeli. Sörenberg Summer Card included = free mountain railway
To do on the Farm
We offer the following possibilities to help on our farm:
- haymaking (only partly possible), from 12 years old
- feeding the animals, from 3 years old
- work in the stable, from 3 years old
- It is best to clarify directly on site which farm work is possible in detail. Some work is not suitable for assistance due to the use of machinery. The guests can visit the animals daily in the stable or on the field.
- We own a farm shop and offer specialities: Regional products, pasta, tea, jam, cheese, sausage, meat and bread
- playground on the farm
- 1 babybed for free
On our farm we have cows, calves, mother cows, donkeys, dogs, cats, goats, sheep, chickens and pigs. The mother cows, cows and calves are in summer on the alp or on the field.
Pickup and Delivery Service
For arrivals with public transport: From the bus stop Camping Sörenberg we offer pick-up and drop-off service for free.
- Cable TV / Sat. TV
- Parking space
- Washing machine